About The Book
Orthopaedic surgery is one of the fast developing branches of medicine and many of the concepts of management change regularly. A book on the up-to-date concepts of diagnosis and management of orthopedic trauma and diseases is essential even for Undergraduate Students. As the National Medical Commission (NMC) has introduced ‘Competency-Based Medical Education’ in undergraduate teachings, a book that fulfills the topics and competencies prescribed by NMC with the modern concepts of orthopedics is the need of the hour.
- The entire book is divided into 4 parts namely
- Part I: Trauma of Bones & Joints
- Part II: Diseases of Bones & Joints
- Part III: Regional Orthopedic Conditions
- Part IV: Miscellaneous
- Every chapter/topic begins with the competency relevant to the topic under focus
- The textbook imparts sufficient practical knowledge on orthopedic trauma and diseases while treating patients.
- The text is presented in bullet format for ease of understanding
- Information provided in the book is lucid to comprehend the knowledge easily
- Each topic ends with Points to remember which reflects the important information to be retained after reading the particular topic-
- Simple illustrations are introduced to act as a valuable guide to answering theory questions in the university examinations.
- Mnemonics introduced as an additional aid to retain difficult terminology
- Tables are introduced wherever necessary to provide classifications
- The textbook will also help and guide the students in cracking competitive postgraduate entrance examinations
- The book ends with important chapters on Special Imaging in Orthopedics & Basic Practical Competencies
CBS Publishers & Distributors
Edward L Nazareth | Jacob K Ipe
About the Author
Edward L Nazareth MS (Ortho) DOrtho is ex-Professor and Head, Department of Orthopaedics, Father Muller Medical College, and currently Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mangalore. He completed his MBBS and MS (Orthopaedics) from the prestigious Government Medical College, Mysore. During his illustrious career as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon, he has worked as a teaching faculty at Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore, for 28 years, mentored several postgraduate students in orthopaedics, and been a thesis guide to many. Over the years, he has been a regular faculty for postgraduate training programs in orthopaedics at several centers in South India. He has been involved with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,Bengaluru,in helping streamline the competency based curriculum for postgraduate students of orthopaedics. He has been actively involved in the Karnataka Orthopaedic Association where he served as the editor of the journal for 3 years, secretary general for 3 years,and elected President for 2023-24.Apart from being an educator,he is a well known prolific writer having authored 16 books in Konkani,a regional coastal language,and has contributed several health-related articles and short stories to the periodicals regularly, thus empowering the community
Jacob K Ipe DOrtho DNB (Ortho) is currently Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre,Bangalore.He is an accomplished consultant orthopedic surgeon with a keen interest in academics.He completed his DOrtho from Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore, and his DNB from Bangalore Baptist Hospital. He is a passionate artist and has contributed many diagrams in this book. He has already authored an orthopedic postgraduate guide book.