- Written by senior most faculties from the field of Nursing
- Reviewed by 50+ most senior nursing faculties PAN India
- A thoroughly updated and revised edition
- 300+ Photographs, Illustrations, Instruments, and Tables covered
- Text enriched with Nursing Interventions, Skills & Alerts
- A perfect amalgamation of theoretical and clinical aspects
- The whole compendium is developed in accordance with the Revised INC Syllabus
- All the theoretical concepts have been covered extensively in this volume with a very unique approach
- Simple and lucid language has been used throughout the book for a better and easy understanding of concepts
- 300+ figures, illustrations, and tables have been supplemented with the text for quick understanding
- The book has been organized in a logical sequence and is systematically framed to augment the learning
- Clinically applied aspects have been covered throughout the book extensively
- Unit Outline provides a glimpse of topics discussed in unit
- University pattern questions have been covered under Assess Yourself Section at the end of every unit
- Last but not least, each chapter has a standard format starting with Learning Objectives, Unit Outlines and Key Terms, and Chapter Outline, followed by the procedures.
CBS Publishers & Distributors
Sushma Pandey • Avani Oke • Neena Nair
About the Author
Sushma Pandey Ph.D. (MSN) is currently working as a Professor at KJ Somaiya School and College of Nursing, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra. She has completed her masters in Medical-Surgical Nursing (Cardiothoracic) from Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh. She has also done a Diploma in Hospital Administration. She is a certified Sujok therapist. The author has been honored with the Birla quality award for best practices. Dr Pandey has more interest in research and she has an active contribution toward collaborative learning. She has received prizes for scientific poster presentations at international-level conferences. She has 12 years of work experience as a nurse educator. She is an approved examiner and inspector at Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and other deemed universities.
Avani Oke Ph.D. (N) is currently working as a Principal, at KJ Somaiya School and College of Nursing, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra, since 2014. She has more than 20 years of teaching and about 3 years of clinical experience before achieving the highly coveted position of Principal. She Joined the Somaiya group in November 2012 as a Vice Principal and was promoted to Principal in 2014. She started her career as a Staff Nurse in Leelabai Thackersey College of Nursing, SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai in 1993 and then worked in reputed hospitals like Cumballa and Hinduja Hospital to gain clinical expertise. She has worked in various capacities, like Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, and Associate Professor at Leelabai Thackersey College of Nursing. The author has also worked as a Course Coordinator of Critical Care in Lilavati Hospital. She has also worked as an Education Coordinator in Kindred Hospital, New Jersey, USA. She has completed her Masters in Nursing (Child Health Nursing) and Ph.D. from Leelabai Thackersey College of Nursing, SNDT Women’s University with First class. She also did Post Graduate Diploma in Education Management from SNDT University, Mumbai with an A Grade. She won the Best Teacher Award in 2018 and was honored at the27th TNAI Biennial Conference held at Loni. She also won laurels for the institute and won the Best MQH practice award in February 2018 at the National conference organized by Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality award trust. The institute was also featured in the Top 20 Most promising nursing colleges in Silicon India magazine under her leadership. She has presented papers at State, National, and International Conferences. She has also published papers in various newsletters and journals. She is on the TNAI editorial board and is an editor for the journal “International Journal of Nursing and Occupational Health”. Dr Avani has been a coordinator, and chairperson for organizing conferences, workshops, and seminars.
Neena Nair RN, RM, BSc (N) is currently working as an Assistant Lecturer at KJ Somaiya School and College of Nursing, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra. She has completed BSc (N) from the Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences and has more than 9 years of teaching experience. She has been honored with the “Excellence in Teaching Award” in the year 2016 by Somaiya Ayurvihar. She is a contributor to Nursing Foundation Procedure Manual. She has done various research studies and presented papers at National conferences. The author has organized various national/international conferences and webinars as well.